Brandon Open to an ATOM Spinoff; Might Shrink

Friday, February 20, 2015 by Iris with
SciFiNow UK recently had a chance to talk to Brandon Routh about his experience bringing Ray Palmer and, after the 25th, The Atom, to life on ARROW. Find out if he's on-board with an Atom spinoff series and if he'll shrink as the red/blue-clad hero.

There are rumblings of an Atom spin-off. Would you be excited to take the lead?
If you’d asked me that question before I’d played Ray and been in the world, I may not have been, because I didn’t know where that was going and what playing Ray would entail. But I’ve been having so much fun bringing him to life, and we’ve only played Ray Palmer. I haven’t even done any Atom stuff yet. We’re only doing costume fittings. I’m definitely open to the idea.

What’s the appeal of a character, like The Atom, who shrinks?
It’s something that we haven’t seen. You can do anything with him. There are any number of things you can do with the character and that he can do. Plus the fact that we’re actually leaning more into the mechanised version of this with exo-skeleton suit, so he’s going to have all of those capabilities mixed in with, I believe eventually, the size-changing thing. That makes him pretty badass. Of course, the road to being a hero is not just bright and shiny all of the time. I’m sure there are going to be challenges along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment