Brandon Routh Fan Q+A

Saturday, June 17, 2006 by Iris with
As time permits, Brandon answers several questions from his fans. E-mail your questions for Brandon to Iris at irisbrc@gmail.com. Please note this is not his email address. Content (c) and exclusive to BrandonRouth.com.

2010 | 2007 | 2006

Session 1 - September 11, 2006 
 
2) What was your most favorite aspect of working on Superman Returns?
I’ve answered this question often, so I’ll use this opportunity to add a bit to my other responses. I really enjoyed living in Australia, and getting to experience another country for 10 months. It was also very exciting to learn about making movies on such a grand scale.

3) What is your favorite comfort food?? If you like ice cream, what is your fave brand and flavor? And ..how about coffee? Do you like Starbucks?
Pizza is my number one comfort food. I actually like banana ice cream, but since that isn’t around very much, I’ll take strawberry- brand usually doesn’t matter. My favorite coffee drink is an Americano. I started drinking those while living in Australia because they don’t have “regular” drip coffee there. I prefer Coffee Bean to Starbucks.

4) If you've read some of the threads here, you know we love our nerds. Do you consider yourself a nerd?
Yes, I consider myself a nerd. Nerds are cool!

5) Many of your fans have seen the film short DENIAL in which you play opposite your girlfriend Courtney. How did feel to work with her?
It was great working with Courtney! She’s a fantastic actress and producer. It was an amazing experience for us to work with each other, and learn about filmmaking together.

6) We've seen you can do comedy, as in the Avon Lady video, is that any area you are interested in?
Yes. I love comedy. My first acting role was in a comedic play. I loved being able to play Clark.

7) Do you feel the need to stay in touch with your fans?
This Q+A is great. Iris is doing a marvelous job.

8) What advice would you give a fellow actor trying to make in in the biz?
The first step is making a commitment to your choice, and setting your intention. Then get into an acting class and work, work, work. Be open to opportunities, but also realize that you can make your own.

9) From what I've seen in SR, you really know how to show emotions by just using your face, was it hard to do the exact opposite on "The Batman"?
No, voice over work is much easier. It’s a lot of fun.

10) What would you like to see your character do in the [Superman] sequel? [Spoiler Warning!]
Get Lois of course! Ha ha :) And be able to have a good relationship with his son.

11) Brandon, do you mind watching yourself on screen?
No. It’s very helpful for me to see if I’m telling the truth as that character.

12) You seem to be a mild-tempered kinda guy. After seeing you in Superman Returns doing a perfect interpretation of Clark Kent/Superman, we (the fans) have a somewhat crazy notion that you are some flawless, well-mannered, polite gent that would never curse in public. Is any of this true? Do you have a wild side no one knows about?
I’m a pretty happy person. I intend to be. I’m very proud and grateful for the opportunities that I have and will have. As for flaws, those are up for interpretation. I don’t think I really have much of a “wild side”, although I have been known to jay-walk :)

13) I think I read somewhere that you enjoy medieval/fantasy stories, or movies, and I was wondering in a similar vein, if you'd seen the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. If so, did you like it as much as Braveheart?
Yes, I’ve seen the LOTR trilogy. I liked it very much, but Braveheart is still my favorite movie :)

14) Do you have any words for Christian Bale after he said what he said? Thanks a million. [Iris' note: Bale said at the MTV Movie Awards, "I'm sorry, Superman, but Batman's the bad-a$$."]
Ha ha :) Well, a friend of mine sent me this, and I think it says it all: http://www.howitshouldhaveended.com/Divx%20links/Superman.html

15) If you had the chance to play a role in an old classic film, who would it be and why would you choose it?
To be Gregory Peck’s character, Atticus Finch, in To Kill a Mockingbird. It’s one of my favorite books, and a dynamic role to play.

16) Brandon, have you an address to the we can write to get an autograph?
A fan-mail address is coming soon.

17) Dear Brandon, Can I get my Buffy Season 4 DVD set back? – Mike
Ha! You’ll have to ask Fisher!

18) Have you had any strange encounters with the papperazzi or fans since SR?
Anytime people are following you with cameras, and shouting your name is strange.

19) What was it like to watch the finished film for the FIRST time and see your name in the opening credits? Can you describe the emotions you felt as you saw all your hard work come to life on the screen?
The premiere was very exciting. I was very proud to show my family and friends. My mom cried, so did my dad actually. To see it all finally come together was extraordinary.
---
Thank you to everyone at br.c for supporting me, and for all your kind words and congratulations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment